Job Description for Office Assistant
We are searching for an entry-level Office Assistant. This role will provide overall support for general office operations. This person is responsible for maintaining office efficiency and workflow. This person will be working with multiple departments, clients, and members of the leadership team. If you are looking for fast-paced, interesting work. Recent college graduates and entry-level professionals are encouraged to apply! No experience is required.
Responsibilities For Office Assistant
- Provide operational support across multiple teams
- Establish procedures and efficiencies
- Maintain financial records, bookkeeping, and accounts
- Research and vet vendors, then track and follow-through on invoices
- Act as primary point-of-contact to building management
- Perform general administrative tasks for office
- Provide high-level customer service and present a friendly, professional demeanor to clients
Transferable Skills Needed For Office Assistant
- Organizing and planning - develop specific goals and benchmarks to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work in a timely manner
- Customer service orientation - proactively assist clients in a professional, friendly manner in order to create the best possible experience by building relationships, understanding quality standards for service, and utilizing customer needs assessments
- Leadership orientation - comfortable leading a group project or team by taking charge and offering opinions and direction to others at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated - work autonomously to set and achieve targeted goals
- Communication - express ideas clearly in both written and verbal correspondence, listen effectively, and share information appropriately with persons inside and outside the organization
Requirements For Office Assistant
(Possible degrees we would Consider: Advertising, African-American Studies, Anthropology, Art History, Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Economics, English, Film and Video, Finance, Fine Arts, French, Geology, History, Journalism, International Studies, Linguistics, Mathematics, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Russian Studies, Sociology, Spanish, Speech, Statistics, Theater and more).
All majors are welcomed to apply!
Similar job titles that we would consider: Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Operations Assistant, Office Admin, Admin Assistant, Office Manager, Office Assistant, Corporate Assistant, Operations Manager, Receptionist, Front Desk Receptionist, General Office Assistant, Office Administrative Assistant, Receptionist/Office Assistant, Customer Service/Office Assistant, HR Assistant, Human Resources Assistant, Scheduling Assistant, Corporate Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Office Support, Office Support Assistant.